Monday, January 13, 2014

Shoveling out a basement/conference was awesome!

Look at all this snow!!!

We shoveled out the down stairs to this basement!!!
Conference was awesome, we talked about power and why we need to be more obedient! I will tell you about he ferry rides in the weekly letter! I am doing awesome and yes I did get the shaver and everything else! Thank you so much! And I think I have enough Hand warmers! Thank you! Haha.

My week... So on Tuesday well we had our studies and then after studies me and Elder Hayes left to Skagway, then we got on the Ferry to Juneau at 2:30 P.M. And on the ferry there was this one lady who came up to us while we were in the lunch line and she said "Hey when you get your food come and sit by me and we will talk about Religion!" Well she was not looking to convert, she just wanted to challenge us, and our knowledge! Well we pretty much did a roll play for 3 1/2 hours and she was asking about Joseph Smith, Polygamy, homosexuality, marriage, repentance, life after death, and pretty much anything that you can think of! Then we ended with a prayer and then we just talked for another 2 hours! Well that was one interesting boat ride! it was crazy because she got her "PHD" in Religion and we were teacher her on top of what she already knew! Crazy Life of a missionary! Then we finally got to Juneau at 8:45 P.M. 
Wednesday we Hiked to the Mendinghall Glacier!
Thursday we had zone meeting!
Friday Was Zone Conference in the Juneau Zone! It is my second one in this zone! Elder Moyle (My Grandpa) and Elder Brower did an awesome job! Zone Conference was really focused on us strengthening our weaknesses! We need to go back to the Fundamentals/ basics! Just like in Sports!
Sunday we left Juneau at 5:30 in the morning on the Ferry back to Skagway! on the way to Skagway we saw a couple of Seals! 
So that was my amazing week! I love you all!

Elder Russell
Alaska Anchorage Mission
Whitehorse Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment