Monday, March 9, 2015

I Flew to Anchorage Monday and picked up my Boy!

So this week! Wow! Well I Flew to Anchorage Monday and picked up my Boy! He came strait from the Philippines! His name is Elder Villegas (Ve-le-ye-gus)! He Looks just like a Filipino version of my Friend Dalton Whatcott! He is excited to get to work! And he is super funny! We flew out of Anchorage Wednesday morning back to Kodiak! We went and taught a lot of people! This week was pretty good! Our mission President got an email last week from church head quarters that we will be getting I-pads in the month of May of this year, the only missionaries that need to pay for them and keep them are the ones that live in the US or Canada and. But if they go home before the month of November then we dont get to keep them and dont need to pay for them! Yippy! So I dont have much to say because I forgot my Journal back at the Apartment but I will tell you a quote and I will tell you the Alaska Anchorage Mission (AAM) Code that me and Elder Modlick made when we were together in Delta Junction!

Quote-
" Stick to your task till it sticks to you. Beginners are many, but enders are few. Honor, power, place and praise will always come to the one who stays. Stick to your task till it sticks to you. Bend at it, sweat at it, smile at it too, for out of the bend and the sweat and the smile will come life's victories after awhile."
- Thomas S Monson quoting an unknown author

This quote motivates me to Stick to my tasks every time I read it!

AAM Mission Code-
"Been around the world once, talked to everyone twice
Seen two whales rutt,
Eaten 3 grizzly bears
And I even know a guy in Whitehorse that thinks hes a fox
I put my shoulder to the wheel more sweeter and more completer, than any other 
Wheel pusher around
I'm a cold blooded, badge chested, testifying, magnifying, prophesying, dignifying, till
I'm dying Snowman
There aint nothing I cant do, no snow too high, no road too rough, no tract too tough
On base enough to be on a first name basis
Earthquakes follow me everywhere I go
I grow when I'm up to my knees in 50 below
Not afraid of dog bites, frostbites but don't let the bed bugs bite
I'm a brighter light and a better sight than the Northern Lights on the clearest night
I'm a fearless, tearless, facial hairless, grizzly near miss, comfort careless, Snowman
Learned a lotta lessons in my life
Never hit a large caliber man with a small caliber testimony
'Avalanche' is just a fancy word for quick prayer
Mustard is good for two things, hot dogs and moving mountains
Drive all kinds of trucks, 2X's, 4X's, NoX's and those seaplanes that bank and go 'kish
kish' when you step on the lake
Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing, moderations for cowards
I'm a lover, I'm a fighter, I'm a double-AM LDS Missionary
I'll find then dine then covenant bind, and sneak out the back door when the re-
schooling is done
So if your feeling frosty then you better jump, because this Snowman's been there, 
Done that, and is going back for more, Cheers boys."
The Trainers and Trainees and President.  Picture in front of the Anchorage Alaska Temple. 

All the Asian friends in our Mission.

Elder Modlick- ( I trained him and he is training the same time I am training ) I cant remember his comps name, Elder Villegas ( My Boy ) then Me.

The plane that we fly on to Anchorage from Kodiak to Anchorage.

Elder Modlick & Elder Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment