Monday, April 14, 2014

We sat in the Celestial room until close, we didn't want to leave!

I have been awesome! Just been super exhausted but its all good! I
have only been getting 3 to 4 hours of sleep every night! The days are
getting longer and the nights are getting shorter. It does not get
dark until 10 and it becomes light at  5:30 in the morning.
 I just lay there and think of all the people in my
life and on the mission like who we are teaching and what to teach
them and what questions I can ask them. Just a million things running
through my head at 100 miles per hour. But I somehow have the strength
to continue with the Lords work! So here is how my week went!

Monday- So of course it was P-day! And My companion and Elder Cooper
smashed into each other during basketball and Elder Bowen is like the
same size as Gavin, maybe even a little smaller and Elder Cooper is
like my size and he got a knee to his shin and he now has a tumor in
his leg! Exactly what I had like 5 or 6 years ago! Later that night
Elder Cooper calls me and Elder Bowen at 9:30 and he asks if we can
give him a blessing because he is in serious pain and he told us that
he might have to have surgery on it the next day! So He lives clear
out there at the base of Pioneer Peak and so it is an hour drive from
where we live and it is 9:30 at night, so we called our Zone leader and
our district leader and asked if we could go give him a blessing this
late, and they said no because of how far he was but they called Elder
Cooper and Elder Cooper said that he will let nobody else give it
unless it was me and my companion. So the Zone Leaders call back and
said to head out there and give Elder Cooper a blessing so we did and
it was a 2 1/2 hour round trip so we did not get back until midnight!
But the good thing is is that he does not have to get surgery!

Tuesday- So we had District meeting and then we drove out to Willow to
meet with this YSA guy and it was a 2 hour round trip! And Guess what
he was not there! He told us that he would be there but was not! Ugh!
Haha

Wednesday- Guess what? we made it to the Temple! The day it re opened!
Oh yeah! Me and Elder Bowen sat in that Celestial room until the
temple closed, and i am not kidding we did not want to leave!

Thursday- Helped out at the food bank at the Lords Shepherds church
and we loaded 5,000 pounds of food into the truck! that was a work
out!

Friday- So we found out that Stake conference was on the exact day
that Deon was supposed to be baptized which was the 26th so we met with
him and it is now May 3rd! He is so ripped! Haha! Had
interviews with President!

Saturday- We went to Bobby D Smiths house and he is blind and partially
deaf! So we pulled up and we see him with a chop saw cutting wood for
a project that he hopes to sell to make money! That crazy guy cant see
anything!

Sunday- We had our 7 1/2 hours of church and Elder Bowen was so dead
tired, I am used to it so it doesn't really bother me! haha! We got 2
new Investigators today! And they are wanting to get baptized!

There is my fantastic week! I love you Guys!

Elder Chad Russell
Alaska Anchorage Mission
Memory Lake and Susitna YSA ward

No comments:

Post a Comment