Monday, March 17, 2014

19 YEARS OLD BABY!!!

Haha I am glad that you got my present! My birthday was pretty good,
except that I didn't get to spend it with my family for the first time
of my life, but its okay! Thank you guys so much for everything! This
is my crazy week!

Monday- Nothing much besides P-Day! We had dinner at the Sharps home
and they took us into there master bedroom and guess what was in
there? A big Grizzly Bear hanging on the wall! I picked its nose and
there little boy was like ewww grose! Then I ate it! It was so funny
to see the little kids reaction! Oh and today was my 8th click day (8
months).

Tuesday- In the morning we woke up to a phone ringing. So we answered
it and it was Sister Allred and she sounded scared and she asked us if
we could hurry and come over because her friends son that came up from
Hawaii was very very very sick! She said that it is the worst he has
been and he usually ends up in the hospital for a month. So we hurried
over there and we walk in and the boy was laying on the couch covered
in sweat and he could not move because he had no energy. Sister Allreds
friend and her son are not members but they were willing to give
anything a try besides going to the hospital. We had the opportunity
to teach her about the Proper Authority of the Priesthood and about
Priesthood blessing. So we knelt down on the ground and we put our
hands on his head and gave him a blessing. During the blessing Elder
Cottrell said that Heavenly Father promises you that you will be
healed, it may be this life or the next but you will be healed! After
the blessing the boys mom came and hugged us with tears rolling down
her face. The spirit was so strong.

Wednesday- We get a call from Sis. Allred at like 9 pm and she would
not stop crying. Finally we calmed her down and she told us that she
was so grateful, My friends son is completely healed! I will admit it
I did shed a couple tears! The reason why they were up from Hawaii is
because the boy had an interview with one of these top guys today and
He won the Marine Child of the Year! He received $5,000 and he gave it
away to a charity! All of it, because of what Heavenly Father did for
him. Then He is flying to the White house and he is receiving an award
from the President of The United States and he gets to sit down with
him and have a huge dinner!

Thursday- 19 YEARS OLD BABY!!! Bye Bye 18 it was a fun ride but hello
19 I cant wait to see what you have to offer!

Friday- We did service for this one lady and we helped her move her
Organ from her house to a different house! Funny! Super Heavy though!
Taught a bunch of Investigators today!

Saturday- Saw Bobby D and he was telling us his blind jokes that are
really funny! Its only really funny because well he is blind and deaf!
We served Spaghetti at this guys cancer fundraiser!

Sunday- So me and Elder Cottrell were sitting in the YSA Sunday school
class and guess who walks in? President and Sister Beesley (Mission
President and his wife) And they went to every meeting with us in both
wards! YSA and Memory Lake! Me and Elder Cottrell did this activity
with the Primary and Elder Cottrell was a Nephite and I was Joseph
Smith! We had to act out our parts! President and Sister Beesley had a
pretty good laugh! Elder Cottrell had his sleeves rolled up with his
tie on his head and I just popped my Collar! Boy did I look good! Then we met with
Ray our Investigator and we taught him the word of Wisdom and he has a
coffee addiction but he said if I have to give up coffee then that's
exactly what I will do! He said that when he goes to the Pentecostal
church he feels the spirit and he gets excited but then he leaves and
that feeling is gone. But with the Lds church, during church I feel
really spiritually uplifted and I get really excited and when I leave
I still feel the same way! He was like, "Is that the Holy Ghost
answering my Prayer?" It sure is!

I love you guys so much

Elder Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment