Monday, December 1, 2014

The Church is true! I love you guys!

 I ate turkey, ham, pie, pie, pie, pie, pie, pie,
and more pie, stuffing, potatoes, green beans ( I love green beans
now). The only thing that I pretty much didn't have was yams. And I
love yams! We had 3 thanksgiving dinners! 3 Thanksgiving dinners + 1
tiny stomach = well you can imagine what it equals to. For the past
couple of days we have been trying to get people into the True
Christmas spirit! We have been showing them the "He is the Gift" video
on Christmas.mormon.org. I have not got your letters yet. Transfer
calls come this Saturday. I think I am staying here for another 1 1/2
months for a total of 6 months in Delta Junction. On Saturday I will
be Done with training! Yesss! haha It was stressful but I sure have
learned a lot! Elder Modlik is a great missionary! He wants to go to
the City and not in the country. He does not like the country. But I
love the country and don't like the city!

Well the Highlight of this week brothers and sister was.....
Thanksgiving! It was my first Thanksgiving on my mission in the 16
months I have been here. How did I not have a Thanksgiving last year?
Well I was in Alaska When Canada had there thanksgiving and then I got
transferred to Canada Before American Thanksgiving. So that's how I
did not have a thanksgiving until this thanksgiving! At 10 a.m. We
went and played at the Football Turkey Bowl! There was a total of 12
People there and guess what it was negative 20 outside! While we were
playing our Eyelashes were freezing together, our hair was ice, and so
was everything else! They had me play quarter back and we won! haha!
We were on Defense and I went to go and dive for this guys legs before
he entered into the Endzone and when I dove I nicked his right foot
and his left boot came up and split my chin, but I could not feel it
because my face was frozen! So it didn't draw  blood until I got into
the Apartment! I put super glue on it and its all good! What I wore to
the Freezing Turkey Bowl was my black Thermals with a hoodie on and a
beanie, with white Shorts and my Wonder woman Socks! Haha it was
awesome! We had 3 Thanksgiving dinners! one at 2, one at 5 and one at
7! We picked up a couple potential investigators! Well that was the
Highlight of the week! Transfer calls come Saturday, and I will be
done training. I am happy but sad at the same time because Elder
Modlik is the bomb!  The Church is true! I love you guys!

Elder Russell
Alaska Anchorage Mission
Delta Junction & Tok Branch

No comments:

Post a Comment